Help us to make a difference!!
On September 22, 2018 I have the privileged in joining hundreds of Lendmark employees and participating in the 3rd Annual Climb to a Million to conquer Childhood Cancer! Over the last few years I have seen the effects of Cancer in some of my closest friends. Can you imagine to deal with it as a child? Here are the stats:
- Every day, 43 children are diagnosed with cancer.
- 12% of children diagnosed with cancer do not survive.
- Children’s cancer affects all ethnic, gender and socio-economic groups.
- The average age of children diagnosed is six.
- More than 40,000 children undergo treatment for cancer each year.
- 60% of children who survive cancer suffer late-effects, such as infertility, heart failure and secondary cancers.
- There are approximately 375,000 adult survivors of children’s cancer in the United States.
- The average cost of a stay in a hospital for a child with cancer is $40,000.
- Only 4% of federal government cancer research funding goes to study pediatric cancer.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.